<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, December 07, 2003

State of the Nation 

I can make myself laugh. I have known this for a long time. Whether it be tickling myself, thinking of something "J" might say (find your examples in "The Aidan Interview"), or even drinking battery acid, I can make myself laugh. Now, this is one of the few things in life that I am sure of. What I am certainly not sure of is why I can make other people laugh. I reread a few of my posts from August (refer to the archives), and I found that, yes, they do have a point behind them.

Whereas no matter how hard I try, this post won't.

Regardless of what's been done, I find myself posting on this lazy Sunday afternoon after having completed some ridiculous English homework. The first, and obviously most important point here is that I must accredit Shannon (the queen of conversation) for her wonderful work on the phrase "Eager Foreign Student". (Scroll down if you haven't read the article yet). After all, I stole it from her and never bothered to tell her until she read the page today and was very angry to find I has used it. Not being an understanding person, Shannon then decided to yell at me, accuse me of fraud and then of lying and stealing! Naturally she threatened me into posting the aforementioned.

Also on the agenda for today is to announce that the counter is slowly climbing. I'm sure that the team here at politics we will be able to find a nice gift for our 100th visitor. Thanks for the support.

And now, a short history of politics of the business:

The weblog started back towards the end of August when i found myself without anything to do in the early hours of the morning. My last days of summer weren't very happy, and I can safely say the first articles reflect that. Note on the very first post: credits to rhea for the tea line, I remember her saying that while at Tonya's one time.
I guess we could say that the site never really took off until I updated the format, ditching Blogger's original template. The icons and images are very clichéd and kitchy, but it added a bit of visual distraction to the site. Carr jumped on the bandwagon not long ago, and has been playing sitar ever since. The counter was put up on Friday, yes Friday the 5th of December. We're still getting over the shock of so many people hitting politics! (Oh and if anyone asks if I went to the page and hit refresh over and over again to make it look like politics gets hits, I'll call them a dumbass because it's not hard to edit the count anyways). In recent news, McDonald's still airs my favorite commercial, and ironically enough, my mom mentioned that, "I wonder what they used before", when she saw it the other day. Anyways, the rest, as they say, is history.

Lastly, if anyone would like to quote or simply plagiarize my site, I would really appreciate it if they showed respect by linking back to it. Also, if anyone feels the urge to link to politics from their site, I have space (This includes limited space for gifs and jpgs). for some shouts and a few "advertisements", if anyone wants more traffic.

| |

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?