<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, January 31, 2004

Keeping the Faith 

Well here we are at the end of January, about to start February, which always feels to me like the longest month ever. Even thought it's always the shortest. Unfortunately a number of reasons contribute to February being shit. First of all, for as long as I can remember, all of my Februaries have been flogged with too much homework and not enough snowboarding. You can be assured that the weather will remain crappy for another month and you won't get a chance to see much of the sun until March. Otherwise, between too much work and not enough daylight, yeah I guess you could say that some things get done around now. Unfortunately at school nothing worthwhile will be changed.

As happy as this all sounds, I can certainly say that today and yesterday I spent my free moments updating the site.

You'll now find a new section with downloads. But I'm not joking when I say that you should be careful with some of them. Kazaa lite k++ is no longer legal, and no matter what you hear, I don't think it will ever become legal either. Another downside is that you need the version specified on the sidebar. Don't be fooled by any others. (If you're not running XpSp1, you're on your own, sorry). The upside is that that's the version I'm using and it's spyware free. Also, make sure you get the KL extensions by rocco along with your download. That site should do it for you, unfortunately it's in German. It's not complicated though. Just scroll to the "download von kazaa lite" hyperlink. As for the other links, Limewire is excellent shareware, but contrary to what they say, it's not really any faster than kazaa lite depending on your connection and provider. It also costs a small fee. I'm also not sure if it's been legalised yet. The scramble for permits is on. If you don't know what WSFTP is don't bother downloading it. Adaware is free and great. Everyone needs it. It picks up spyware on your machine. Seriously, download it. Oh, and the JVM is for Xp computers that didn't come with the microsystem. At the time of Xp's release, Microsoft was fighting with Sun (the java company) and didn't pack the computers with it. You need it for a variety of reasons. Read the site first though. Let's not forget Mess 4.7, the best messaging client for windows. If not, yes I know IRC is better. But as far as messaging on windows goes, 6.1 is designed for people who want graphic heavy everything. Ugh. More to come in this section too.

And Tori, I'll write something more creative (aka funny for someone like you - and yes I already have an inspiration) later tonight. But you're going to have to promise me that the rabbit will always win. Because we know he's the faster one. Possibly faster than Bon Jovi... Hmm...

| |

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?