<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, September 26, 2004

Politics Interviews! 

In honor of our 1rst birthday, everybody's favorite television network, the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation, asked me for an interview in primetime TV. Unbeknownst to me prior to the questioning, primetime on CBC is right after Coronation Street, so clearly many of you missed the interview altogether. For this reason, I have republished, with permission from the CBC, the interview in it's entirety.

Enjoy!

M "First of all, let me thank you for being here."
PM "Oh, that's a very mature attitude, I assume there's a lot of that portrayed through the site?"
M "Oh quite so, Mr. Mansbridge."
PM "Care to give us an overview?"
M "Well most of the content deals with tales of depravition, mysterious tax returns that include mail-fraud, mindless drug abuse, The Ownerz, activities that involve strapping on a snowboard and heading southwest, expensive beers, cheap liquors, and the promiscuity that is synonym for my name."
PM "Sounds like you've got the bases covered..."

Awkward Silence where I realise that this guy is around 80, balding, and working for *shudder* the CBC.

M "Yeah, ever consider an appearance on Coronation Street?"
PM "*shrugs* That's none of your business."
M "You sure?"
PM "I'm the interviewer, junior."
M "Then start asking the questions."
PM "I didn't spend 20 years going to Journalism 101 to take this from a sassy fifteen year old."
M "20 years?"
PM "Ok, ok, so it's more like 5 to 10"
M "5 to 10?"
PM "Fine, 3 to 5."
M "3 to 5?"
PM "Yes, 3 to 5."
M "3 to- Oh sorry, I was just stuck in the moment. Continue."
PM "Thanks, so when was the site started?"
M "The 25th of August, 2003"
PM "That's pretty impressive, you must have a lot of devoted readers."
M "No, not at all, people usually come to this site by accident."
PM "Go on..."
M "Well let's say someone types in, aw hell, 'prepubescent clit' into google."
PM "Sure, but I'll have to edit this part out..."
M "They end up with a handful of sites, but since we've used the term so many times, they're bound to hit ours eventually."
PM "This is a marketing strategy?"
M "Oh, absolutely, we like to attract predators, otherwise there would be no reason to post vulgar content."
PM "Then it's safe to say the content on your site is directed at those interested in smut and racial slurs?"
M "No spic, the content on our site is slur-free. We keep it that way ever since we declared politics of the business relatively dung beetle free."
PM "Uhh, that has to do with race?"
M "I'm white, you're white, we're both employed; No."
PM "I don't think I'm allowed to comment on that statement."
Producer "Cut! Cut! This interview is over!!"

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?